About the Forsyth CVB

The Forsyth Convention & Visitors Bureau promotes tourism, trade, and conventions in Forsyth and surrounding area. Created in 2015, the City of Forsyth CVB is primarily funded by local hotel-motel sales tax. The CVB Authority meets the last Tuesday of each month at the Welcome Center on the Square, 20 N. Jackson St.

Economic Impact

Tourism has been good for the City of Forsyth and Monroe County. Tourism creates jobs, both through direct employment and indirectly in sectors such as retail and transportation. When these people spend their wages on goods and services, it leads to what is known as the “multiplier effect,” creating more jobs.

The tourism industry also provides opportunities for small businesses, which is especially important in rural communities, and generates extra tax revenues, such as hotel taxes, which are used for schools, housing and hospitals.

The City of Forsyth collected hotel-motel taxes from 12 hotels and one KOA Campground. 60% of the hotel-motel tax goes to the City and the remaining 40% to the recently (2015) formed the Convention & Visitors Bureau.

According to the Georgia Department of Economic Development and US Travel Association, in 2016, (read the full report)  in 2017, ( read the full report) , in 2018, ( read the full report), in 2019, (read the full report), in 2020, (read the full report), in 2021, (read the full report), and in 2022, (read the full report) the City of Forsyth and Monroe County’s domestic tourism industry:

  • Supported 768 jobs and $15.54 million in payroll

  • Generated $990,000 in local tax revenues

  • Generated $37.7 million in direct travel spending

  • Provided $300 in tax relief per household

  • Created $1.7 million in state tax revenues

Mission Statement

To serve as City of Forsyth’s official Destination Marketing Organization in the region, to work with partners throughout the city to increase economic growth, foster tourism product development, and to provide exceptional service to our visitors and community.

Vision Statement

The City of Forsyth Convention and Visitors Bureau will stimulate economic prosperity and development through the effective management of resources:

1. As a marketing and sales outreach organization for the City of Forsyth area;

2.By creating and maintain productive private and public partnerships;

3. By promoting the area’s facilities, attractions, and events to regional, national, and international visitors;

4. By being the primary point of contact to visitors through the Welcome Center; and

5. Foster the development of tourism product.

CVBA adopted April 24, 2018

Meetings & Events

In addition to promoting tourism in Forsyth and the surrounding areas, the Forsyth CVB helps businesses, organizations, tourist groups, and others plan successful, memorable, and well-attended gatherings. We can help you plan your next meeting or event by providing:

  • Activities and tours
  • Promotional items like bags, notepads, and pens
  • Publicity assistance and media kits, including assistance writing press releases and advertising
  • Transportation arrangements
  • Venue information
  • Visitor information such as guides, maps, brochures, and more
  • Welcome letters from local dignitaries
  • Contact information for catering, entertainment, and speakers

Download our digital Visitors Guide to see all that the City of Forsyth has to offer.

Our comprehensive Resource Guide will assist in planning your meeting or event.

CVB Authority Members & Staff



Gilda Stanbery, Executive Director/CEO
Phone: 478-974-1460
Email: gstanbery@cityofforsyth.com

Chelsea Bunn Kerr, Administrative Assistant
Email: cvbassistant@cityofforsyth.com


EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES: Please contact the Executive Director.